Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bar Exam - 14 days and counting


So I've got 14 days until I take the bar exam. I spent most of this morning reviewing Domestic Relations and Equity, which I feel okay about. Dom Rel covers a wide range of topics but most of it isn't that hard. If I can remember the three types of Arkansas divorce, grounds for divorce and all the property division crap I'll be fine. If there are any questions about kids, I can just BS about "best interests of the child." I really hope equity doesn't show up in the question, but just in case I'm trying to memorize the maxims of equity (one of which was asked about last summer).

This afternoon I decided to switch over and do some practice MBE questions. I did two sets of Constitutional Law and one set of Torts questions. Con Law was by far my worst subject in the practice MBE I took a couple of weeks ago so I've spent a lot of time studying that lately. I got 29 out of the 36 questions correct and got 14 of the 18 torts questions correct. Which sounds great, right? Except that, as I was working through the questions, I didn't have a damn clue if I was choosing the right answer most of the time. I see this as a problem. I just keep telling myself I only need to get two-thirds of the MBE questions right to stay on track, assuming I don't completely screw up the essays.

66.67%...sometimes it seems like such a low number and at other times feels completely unattainable.

No comments: