Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 days...and Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm really not sure what to think about how prepared I am for the bar exam. I worked the essays from the test given in February of this year and did really well. Which totally doesn't match up with my performance on the MBE questions yesterday. Oh well, I can't do much more than I already am.


It's quite unpleasant to hear about the great summer everyone else is having. Yes, I would like to go to the Naturals game, but I'm stuck in the fascinating world of commercial paper and secured transactions. Yeah, I'd love to play a round of golf, but I can't take 5 hours out of my study day. I'm also NOT glad to hear that everyone is going to the beach this summer! Who's jealous of everyone not taking the bar exam this summer? This guy.

On a brighter note I hit the quarter century mark today. I've got evening plans to go to Bordino's for dinner with some friends and maybe a stop by Willy D's for drinks and a song on the pianos then it's be back to the books. I know this birthday won't be anything like last year, and thank goodness for that! (I was hungover for two days last year) I've also mostly finalized my post-bar trip to Austin for a wedding (and my summer vacation) so if anyone will be around those days or you know the area, it'd be good to know what to do on the non-wedding days. I have a feeling 6th Street will come into the picture.

No comments: