Monday, September 29, 2008

Scary Moment of the Week


"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" - Meredith Grey

Since my new place doesn't have the internet yet, I get my online time at Arsaga's. I had an oldtimer's moment today when I was browsing through high school classmates on Facebook. There are 160 of my 400 fellow graduates on Facebook, listed 10 to a page. I figure half of them are now married and at least 2 of the 10 on each page have a kid (or two).

I don't find it so disturbing as odd that I have no desire to settle down at the moment. It might have something to do with the fact that I have no "real" job at the moment. At some point, I'm going to want a house with a wine cellar and a dog or two. Maybe I'll find that special someone along the way. Singledom has its perks, but it does get old after a while.

Ok, enough of the melancholy. I've got to head home to my cable and internet-less house.

No comments: